Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

i need help getting my jedi knight academy game working.
i cant figure out what this error is. if someone can
help retarded me that would be GREAT!

Jethic

yea thats an error with your graphic card. Its either that your card doesnt
support OpenGL(which I really doubt) or that you dont have the latest driver
installed for it(thats probably your case).

What you need to do is go to your video card manufacturer website and
download the latest driver for that card, then install it and you should be
fine. When I first bought my PC I had that same error with the game Return
to Castle Wolfenstein and its because the driver included with my card wasnt
the latest one and didnt support OpenGL.

What type of video card do you have?

p.s.: Jedi Academy is a great game I play that a lot
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1d0301c4a68c$f8c0be70$(E-Mail Removed)...
>i need help getting my jedi knight academy game working.
> i cant figure out what this error is. if someone can
> help retarded me that would be GREAT!

Boy22 Boy22 is offline
Junior Member

I get that too!!!
BUt how can I get the video card manufacture?

Boy22 Boy22 is offline
Junior Member

I get that too!!!
BUt how can I get the video card manufacture?
Cause my game is star wars jedi knight 2: jedi outcast!

Boy22 Boy22 is offline
Junior Member

Yea but how do we get that website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethic
yea thats an error with your graphic card. Its either that your card doesnt
support OpenGL(which I really doubt) or that you dont have the latest driver
installed for it(thats probably your case).

What you need to do is go to your video card manufacturer website and
download the latest driver for that card, then install it and you should be
fine. When I first bought my PC I had that same error with the game Return
to Castle Wolfenstein and its because the driver included with my card wasnt
the latest one and didnt support OpenGL.

What type of video card do you have?

p.s.: Jedi Academy is a great game I play that a lot
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1d0301c4a68c$f8c0be70$(E-Mail Removed)...
>i need help getting my jedi knight academy game working.
> i cant figure out what this error is. if someone can
> help retarded me that would be GREAT!

Swaine77 Swaine77 is offline
Junior Member

I play Urban Terror, a Quake 3 mod, and this problem happened to me. I tried installing the SciTech GLDirect program and updated my ATI Radeon driver but it didn't work. Nothing worked til I went to my clan website forums and one of the guys offered this video which shows you how to edit the q3config.cfg file.

The problem is that I had the video resolution jacked up too high in the game and the game wanted to put it at full screen but the resolution was too high so I had to tell it to run the game in a window, just so I could get into the game and change the video res. Try this! I hope it helps you like it did me.

youtube com/v/p7R9nxPCh38]

If you play a game other than Urban Terror, this might not help much, but if you can change your game config file, it might help.

I just had to change this...

seta r_fullscreen "1"

to this...

seta r_fullscreen "0"

in the q3config.cfg file and I was up and running again.