Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Microsoft Supports Test Piracy

Microsoft Supports Test Piracy

=?Utf-8?B?ZHo=?=

New to the MCSE process but old to the Test Development Process, this is my
theory.

Microsoft states: "The Exam Development Process
To ensure the validity and reliability of our certification exams, Microsoft
adheres to a rigorous exam-development process, consisting of eight mandatory
phases: "

Phase 2: Objective Domain Definition
"The results of the job analysis provide the framework used to develop
objectives. "

Phase 3:
"The actual exam items are written according to the prioritized objectives."

Phase 4: Item Development
"A pool of items is developed to measure the blueprinted objective domain."

Now if these statements are true, how can non-obective based questions
appear on the exams?

I'd like to point directly at the 70-290 & 70-291 exams. Both of these
exams had numerous questions that did not pertain to the stated "objective
domain".

Is it possible that Microsoft is getting a kick-back from some of the
brain-dumpers or Test Pirates?

Is it ethical for Microsoft to publically state it's policies and then not
abid by them?

Is this possibly false and misleading actions?

Is this possibly FRAUD?

The following was sent to me by a CTEC owner;

"Never in our experience have we seen such a disconnect between the exams
(only 70-290 and 70-291) and the curriculum. For these two exams, our
teaching strategy had to change. We now try as best we can to prep the
students for the test; as opposed to concentrating on developing a skill set
that would enable a student to apply the most widely used aspects of MS
technologies in the real world."

"Make no mistake; Microsoft has had negative feedback from CTEC’s throughout
the country. I have spoken with MCT’s from all over who agree that there is a
problem. Microsoft is well aware of this condition."

" ... don’t spend another minute talking to Microsoft about this. You will
not receive an explanation from Microsoft; they will only waste your time. My
best advice is to let my months of effort to resolve these same issues
suffice. Advise your friends that these two exams will contain questions
outside of the scope of the objective domain. The continuance of that
unwritten policy will have the effect of increasing test revenue to Microsoft
and controlling the growth rate of MCSA’s. I think both of these effects are
desirable by Microsoft and that is why this problem persists."

I think that Microsoft is so wrapped around the axle trying to be the Test
Pirates that they are in fact pushing honest individuals that are trying to
learn and get certified to turn to the Pirates.

Oh and by the way, when I sent in a challege Michelle B. replied,

"The fact that a particular question appeared on the exam cannot be
challenged in itself."

This inspite of the fact that I can prove that the question was a 70-291
objective and it was on the 70-70-290 test and visa-versa.

Vladimir Mazek

Having completed my MCSE 2003, I do have to agree with
you that there are questions on particular exams that are
far beyond the advertised scope of the exam.
Unfortunately, and especially if you focus your studying
to passing the exams, the questions are designed to be
all-encompassing with all related Microsoft technologies
and done the way they want you to do it with complete
disregard for third-party solutions or real world
solutions.

If you are having an issue with 290/291 I suggest you
give up your pursuit immediately because things get far
more warped in the 297/298.

from CTEC?Ts throughout
>the country. I have spoken with MCT?Ts from all over

who agree that there is a
>problem. Microsoft is well aware of this condition."
>
>" ... don?Tt spend another minute talking to Microsoft

about this. You will
>not receive an explanation from Microsoft; they will

only waste your time. My
>best advice is to let my months of effort to resolve

these same issues
>suffice. Advise your friends that these two exams will

contain questions
>outside of the scope of the objective domain. The

continuance of that
>unwritten policy will have the effect of increasing test

revenue to Microsoft
>and controlling the growth rate of MCSA?Ts. I think

both of these effects are
>desirable by Microsoft and that is why this problem

persists."

>I think that Microsoft is so wrapped around the axle

trying to be the Test
>Pirates that they are in fact pushing honest individuals

that are trying to
>learn and get certified to turn to the Pirates.
>
>Oh and by the way, when I sent in a challege Michelle B.

replied,

>"The fact that a particular question appeared on the

exam cannot be
>challenged in itself."
>
>This inspite of the fact that I can prove that the

question was a 70-291
>objective and it was on the 70-70-290 test and visa-

versa.

>.

Microsoft Supports Test Piracy =?Utf-8?B?ZHo=?= MCSE 34 09-14-2004 05:25 AM
Microsoft Supports Test Piracy dz MCDST 0 09-12-2004 10:47 PM
Microsoft Supports Test Piracy dz MCAD 0 09-12-2004 10:43 PM
Microsoft Supports Test Piracy dz MCSA 0 09-12-2004 10:41 PM