Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C Precompiler/Preprocessor Source Code

C Precompiler/Preprocessor Source Code

Werner Nussbaumer

Hi all

I'm searching for a C precompiler (preprocessor) source code. It
should read C code and output the precompiled C code. I found some
examples but none of them was able to handle boolean construct line
"#if (mode == 2) && (test == 1)" or defines like "#define test 5".

Any help is appresciated
Regards
Werner Nussbaumer

Rolf Magnus

Werner Nussbaumer wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm searching for a C precompiler (preprocessor) source code. It
> should read C code and output the precompiled C code. I found some
> examples but none of them was able to handle boolean construct line
> "#if (mode == 2) && (test == 1)" or defines like "#define test 5".

You might want to have a look at
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cpplib.html. It's the preprocessor library
of gcc and available as source code.