Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Using special chars in std::string

Using special chars in std::string

Thorsten Viel

Hi List,

im trying to use special chars with the std::string (like S) but when i
cout<< the string the special chars have disappeared.

What's wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Aggro

Thorsten Viel wrote:

> im trying to use special chars with the std::string (like S) but when i
> cout<< the string the special chars have disappeared.

Could you post here a _small_ yet full example code with all required
header files and other stuff that is needed to compile it. And tell what
is does and what you think it should do. That would help us to
understand your problem.

Mike Wahler

"Thorsten Viel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c2548u$i31$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi List,
>
> im trying to use special chars with the std::string (like S)

There's nothing 'special' about the character 'S'.
It's required to exist in the execution character set.

> but when i
> cout<< the string the special chars have disappeared.
>
> What's wrong here?

Um, a bug on line 42? I.e. *show us the code!*

Also check that all the characters of your string return
true when passed as arguments to 'isprint()'

-Mike