Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > javaw.exe has encountered a problem

javaw.exe has encountered a problem

=?Utf-8?B?c29sb21vbjY4?=

To anyone out there who can help or has come across a smilar problem ..
recently I'm having the following errors everytime after Windows starts..
"javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience." . This error also appears when I'm trying to install some
program [ eg Jbuilder4.0] ..not sure whether java related..

tuyen

solomon68 wrote:
> *To anyone out there who can help or has come across a smilar proble
> ..
> recently I'm having the following errors everytime after Window
> starts..
> "javaw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorr
> for
> the inconvenience." . This error also appears when I'm trying t
> install some
> program [ eg Jbuilder4.0] ..not sure whether java related.. *

Hi,

Here is maybe a solution for your problem:

Sun's website notes that some javaw.exe Application Errors can b
caused by font problems within Windows. The "Fonts" folder in Window
is rather sensitive and if it is set up incorrectly, it can caus
system-wide problems that affect javaw.exe.

If you get this error, check your Windows\Fonts\ (or Winnt\Fonts\
folder. You're looking for shortcuts to other font files. The "Fonts
folder should only contain regular font files. Shortcuts to font file
in other locations will cause problems in the folder. If you find
shortcut to a font file, locate the font file it is pointing to an
copy that font to the "Fonts" folder. Then delete the shortcut. Do thi
for every shortcut you find in "Fonts". Then reboot the computer an
try to Run JBuilder again.

If that doesn't work you can try some more drastic troubleshootin
techniques.

In some situations, simply "opening" each font file can fix thi
problem.

If all else fails, back up your font files to a safe location an
delete them from the Fonts directory. Add each font file back in to th
Fonts directory, one at a time, and try JBuilder. If you get the java
error, then you know the font you just added is causing the problem.

Good luck

:

-
tuye