Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > windows ME to windows xp ???

windows ME to windows xp ???

=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

hi does anyone here know if its possible to replace windows ME to windows XP
on a compaq laptop 1800T is this possible and how do i do it? I just did
damage to my other HP PC can't get it to work long story need help with that
too..been working all day

Jay

"=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> hi does anyone here know if its possible to replace windows ME to
> windows XP on a compaq laptop 1800T is this possible and how do i do
> it? I just did damage to my other HP PC can't get it to work long
> story need help with that too..been working all day

1. Go to store
2. Buy windows XP CD
4. Open cupholder
5. Insert CD
6. Follow instructions on screen.

Just make sure your system is above tie system requirements. Since you
already have ME on your computer, get the upgrade, but do a clean install
with it. Be sure to have your ME disk handy because sometimes it ask for
the old media to prove that you are allowed to use the upgrade version.

Jay

TechGeekPro

On Aug 26, 2004 "Jay" blathered:

> 4. Open cupholder

Nice touch.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - "We're here to help!"

=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=

Hi Jay! Thanks so much also what does clean install mean and I no longer have
the ME disc lost it in a fire will this be a major problem? thanks donna

"Jay" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?b25seWFodW1hbg==?=" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > hi does anyone here know if its possible to replace windows ME to
> > windows XP on a compaq laptop 1800T is this possible and how do i do
> > it? I just did damage to my other HP PC can't get it to work long
> > story need help with that too..been working all day
> >

> 1. Go to store
> 2. Buy windows XP CD
> 4. Open cupholder
> 5. Insert CD
> 6. Follow instructions on screen.
>
> Just make sure your system is above tie system requirements. Since you
> already have ME on your computer, get the upgrade, but do a clean install
> with it. Be sure to have your ME disk handy because sometimes it ask for
> the old media to prove that you are allowed to use the upgrade version.
>
> Jay

TechGeekPro

On Aug 27, 2004 "onlyahuman" blathered:

> Hi Jay! Thanks so much also what does clean install mean and I no longer
> have the ME disc lost it in a fire will this be a major problem? thanks
> donna

Troll.

--
TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
MCNGP.com - "We're here to help!"

wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> what does clean install mean and I no
> longer have the ME disc

clean install means wipe the hard drive clean then install a fresh copy of
the new os. without the old os (ME) to do that you either need to buy the
full version or only do an upgrade.

This question should be asked in a news group that has to deal with windows
xp as this on is ment for discussions dealing with certifications, that is
why it is named microsoft.public.certification.

Jay