Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Red Black Tree!!!

Red Black Tree!!!

Thomas

Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
understading of this algorithm.
I don't know where to start.
Thanks

Jonathan Turkanis

I get lots of hit on Google.

Since this is a general algorithms and data structures question, it's
not appropriate for this group. If you write a C++ implementation and
run into trouble, this is a good place to post.

Jonathan

David Fisher

"Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
> understading of this algorithm.
> I don't know where to start.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=%2...-8&hl=en&meta=

- which will point you to pages like:

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Y...red_black.html

David F

John Harrison

"Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cUfZb.795$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
> understading of this algorithm.
> I don't know where to start.
> Thanks

The book Introduction to Algorithms by Cormen et. al. has a very
understandable and complete treatment.

john

Tilman Kuepper

Hello Thomas,

> Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and
> comprehensible understading of this algorithm.
> I don't know where to start.
> Thanks

If you are looking for a C++ implementation of red
black trees, you should look at the Standard Library
that comes with your compiler: IIRC maps and sets
can be implemented as red black trees...

Tilman

osmium

Thomas writes:

> Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
> understading of this algorithm.
> I don't know where to start.

This may help. This was found on the first page of hits on <"red black
tree"> on google. You could narrow it down by adding words such as tutorial
or applet. An applet is typically a little Java demonstration program.
Questions of this nature are more appropriate for comp.programming.

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Y...red_black.html

Claudio Puviani

"Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Is there somewhere where I could find an explicit and comprehensible
> understading of this algorithm.
> I don't know where to start.
> Thanks

Sedgewick is one of the best teachers on the subject:
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/tex...sbn=020172684X

Just don't expect cut-and-paste code from any data structures & algorithms book.
They're all written as teaching aids, not production code.

Claudio Puviani