Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Can i save favourites from computer to another?

Can i save favourites from computer to another?

=?Utf-8?B?S2F6MQ==?=

My old computer(office 2000) has a large amount of folders/favourites. How
can i transfer these over to my new computer (office 2003) without having to
input each one separately?

anonymous

For starters your in the wrong newsgroup.
2nd tip - there is wonderful new invention called email,
you should try it sometime. If your on a LAN you can use
file and settings transfer feature.

Doom

"Kaz1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As i have no clue as to which of the many subjects to put it in, to me
> general seemed the best choice. Anyway, my old computer no longer has an
> internet connection. A person with an answer but without the sarcasm
> would
> be appreciated.
> Thank you

Well I have the answer unfortunately I can't answer without the sarcasm.
Here's a hint though: copy the favorites folder from the old computer to the
new one. If you had said what operating system you are using I could have
told you where the favorites folder is located. (tip: Office is not an
operating system and has nothing to do with favorites)

Training and Certification Newsgroup certainly isn't the
correct place to be so expect sarcarms for posting to the
wrong newsgroup you moron. Look around some more and post
to the correct place. Here is a hint: You could save
stuff on CDRW and move it all over or do you need your
hand held to do that too?

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Kaz1,

The following steps should solve your problem if you are using IE.

In your old PC;
1. Open IE
2. Click Import and Export from the File menu. The Import/Export Wizard
starts.
3. Follow the wizard. When prompted for an action to perform, choose Export
Favourites.
4. Follow the wizard. In Export Favourites Destination, choose your floppy
disk drive. Remember to have a floppy in your drive. Complete the wizard.

Insert the diskette into your new PC;
1. Open IE
2. Click Import and Export from the File menu. The Import/Export Wizard
starts.
3. Follow the wizard. When prompted for an action to perform. choose Import
Favourites.
4. Follow the wizard. In Import Favourites Source, choose your floppy disk
drive. Complete the wizard.

Hope this helps.

Bobby