Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Exam Reuse

Exam Reuse

Francesco Quaratino

Hi, i'm MCDBA and i want to improve my certification status with the MCSA
path.
One question: can i "reuse" one or more exams that i've done for the MCDBA
certification? (exactly the core "70-215 Installing, Configuring, and
Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" and the elective "70-228
Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition")
Thanks
--
Francesco Quaratino
http://blogs.devleap.com/sgainz.blog

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Francesco,

Yes you can and in fact, you should. As long as your accumulated MCP exams satisfy any of the MSFT certiification criteria, you will be certified accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"Francesco Quaratino" wrote:

> Hi, i'm MCDBA and i want to improve my certification status with the MCSA
> path.
> One question: can i "reuse" one or more exams that i've done for the MCDBA
> certification? (exactly the core "70-215 Installing, Configuring, and
> Administering Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" and the elective "70-228
> Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000
> Enterprise Edition")
> Thanks
> --
> Francesco Quaratino
> http://blogs.devleap.com/sgainz.blog

=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW5hbEBvbmxpbmUubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbQ==?=

The MCP Member website has a Certification Planner that you may find helpful.
When you login it will show up under the "View My..." menu. You can select
the MCSA certification that you are interested in completing and the planner
will show the exams that are needed. You will also see a checkmark next to
the exams that you have already passed which count towards the certification.

Thanks,
Karena [MSFT]