Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > memory usage

memory usage

Andreas Stenius

Hi,

Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current applications
memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

Regards,
Andreas

Attila Feher

Andreas Stenius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
> applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

--
Attila aka WW

Andreas Stenius

Attila Feher wrote:

> Andreas Stenius wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
>>applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

> Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

Doh!
Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
benchmarks?

What I what to achieve is to see how much ram different modules uses in
my app.

Thanks for any help/pointers,
Andreas

David Harmon

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:05:30 GMT in comp.lang.c++, Andreas Stenius
<(E-Mail Removed)> was alleged to have written:
>> Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

>Doh!
>Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
>benchmarks?

Check your implementation. It's not unusual to have some non-standard
extension provided to tell how much free memory you have left.

Sharad Kala

"Andreas Stenius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ug8Rb.79997$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Attila Feher wrote:
>
> > Andreas Stenius wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current
> >>applications memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

> > Nope, no such standard C++ function exists.

> Doh!
> Any sugestions as to any alternatives, or how to perform memory usage
> benchmarks?
>
> What I what to achieve is to see how much ram different modules uses in
> my app.

Hey each implementation provides some kind of API to determine memory usage etc
details.
Check your vendor's compiler documentation.

tom_usenet

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:30:37 GMT, Andreas Stenius
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any standard c/c++ function to retrieve a current applications
>memory usage (for benchmarking purposes)?

Nope, you'll have to use platform specific code.

Tom

C++ FAQ: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Andreas Stenius

Ok, I'll look it up for my setup..