Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Starting off

Starting off

Mike

I've just finished a 4 year degree and have got a network
tecnicians job. i was wonering what sertifications yee
would recommend to start off on (A+, CISCO etc.)i would
also be interested in doing some Lotus Notes training. Is
there anywhere on the web that offers good training.
Cheers
Mike

anonymous

Is your Mike-rowe-soft spel chekar brokan ?
I bet you got an F in English class.
You should really learn how to use it or you will never
get a better job than McDonalds.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Mike,

If networking is your line then go for Cisco certifications. These start with associates like CCNA to professionals like CCNP or CCSP and then progress to expert call CCIE.

If you are interested in the server room, then go for Microsoft certifications. These start with professional like MCP to administrators call MCSA and then progress to engineers call MCSE.

If programming is what you are after, you can also go for MSFT certifications. These also start with professionals like MCP to apps developers call MCAD and then progress to solutions developers call MCSD. It is worthwhile to go for the MCSD .Net

If you want programming but more incline to database, then work towards MCDBA after MCP.

If you want vendor neutral certifications then look towards CompTIA. Entry level tech would go for A+. Entry level network support tech would go for Network+. Entry level server guy would go for Server+. Entry level security guy would go for Security+.

If you want to specialized in security, then work towards CISSP.

There are others more specific certifications that is only worth it if you really work with it like Java from Sun, Oracle certifications, IBM certifications, Macromedia certifications etc...

However since you have completed your degree, you should have made up your mind by now as to which line you want to develop in. No matter what certifications you have set your eyes on, if you have the opportunity, go for a specialized master. It is easier to move up the corporate leader with a master then countless certifications.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"Mike" wrote:

> I've just finished a 4 year degree and have got a network
> tecnicians job. i was wonering what sertifications yee
> would recommend to start off on (A+, CISCO etc.)i would
> also be interested in doing some Lotus Notes training. Is
> there anywhere on the web that offers good training.
> Cheers
> Mike

=?Utf-8?B?YW5vbg==?=

What a bigot, English may not be his first language, spell checker or not it’s difficult to correct when you don’t know what is right. Also a bit pedantic as it is only a bloody news group not a job app’, fool!

"anonymous" wrote:

> Is your Mike-rowe-soft spel chekar brokan ?
> I bet you got an F in English class.
> You should really learn how to use it or you will never
> get a better job than McDonalds.

=?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=

The only thing lamer than a spelling flame is someone who flames someone for
posting a spelling flame. Unless of course you count people like me, who
flame the person who flames the person who posted the spelling flame.
Top-posters suck, too.

--
Fris "If you can see this, you're posting too close!" bee®, MCNGP #13

The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
http://www.mcngp.tk

Certaholics

annonymous

What certifications do you have bobby?

"Bobby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Mike,
>
> If networking is your line then go for Cisco certifications. These start

with associates like CCNA to professionals like CCNP or CCSP and then
progress to expert call CCIE.

> If you are interested in the server room, then go for Microsoft

certifications. These start with professional like MCP to administrators
call MCSA and then progress to engineers call MCSE.

> If programming is what you are after, you can also go for MSFT

certifications. These also start with professionals like MCP to apps
developers call MCAD and then progress to solutions developers call MCSD. It
is worthwhile to go for the MCSD .Net

> If you want programming but more incline to database, then work towards

MCDBA after MCP.

> If you want vendor neutral certifications then look towards CompTIA. Entry

level tech would go for A+. Entry level network support tech would go for
Network+. Entry level server guy would go for Server+. Entry level security
guy would go for Security+.

> If you want to specialized in security, then work towards CISSP.
>
> There are others more specific certifications that is only worth it if you

really work with it like Java from Sun, Oracle certifications, IBM
certifications, Macromedia certifications etc...

> However since you have completed your degree, you should have made up your

mind by now as to which line you want to develop in. No matter what
certifications you have set your eyes on, if you have the opportunity, go
for a specialized master. It is easier to move up the corporate leader with
a master then countless certifications.

> Hope this helps.
>
> Bobby
> --
> You can only master as much as you are willing to master.
>

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> > I've just finished a 4 year degree and have got a network
> > tecnicians job. i was wonering what sertifications yee
> > would recommend to start off on (A+, CISCO etc.)i would
> > also be interested in doing some Lotus Notes training. Is
> > there anywhere on the web that offers good training.
> > Cheers
> > Mike

Mike

Thanks for all the info, Bobby. Sorry about all the
spelling mistakes, English is only my second language.
Thanks again.