Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > visualization of tree data (with QT)?

visualization of tree data (with QT)?

FBergemann

Hi,

i am looking for some tool/lib, which enables to visualize tree data.
I.e. i have objects linked together in a tree and want to visualize
how the tree looks like, how it is changing (e.g. growing or
morphing), which are the valid nodes for some conditions, etc.

Currently i am playing around with QT a little bit (for other things).

Does it have some widget, which i can assign some form, associate
attributes (which are e.g. shown in a pop-up window when the cursor is
above), assign connection points and link them together?
- something like it is possible e.g. with Visio or for UML with Magic
Draw.

Maybe something else than QT ? (preferrable s.th. which is available
for Linux)

- Thanks!
Regards!
Frank

Donovan Rebbechi

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, FBergemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am looking for some tool/lib, which enables to visualize tree data.
> I.e. i have objects linked together in a tree and want to visualize
> how the tree looks like, how it is changing (e.g. growing or
> morphing), which are the valid nodes for some conditions, etc.
>
> Currently i am playing around with QT a little bit (for other things).
>
> Does it have some widget, which i can assign some form, associate
> attributes (which are e.g. shown in a pop-up window when the cursor is
> above), assign connection points and link them together?
> - something like it is possible e.g. with Visio or for UML with Magic
> Draw.
>
> Maybe something else than QT ? (preferrable s.th. which is available
> for Linux)

Wrong newsgroup. Try comp.os.linux.development.apps or the Qt mailing lists.

--
Donovan Rebbechi
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/