Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > virtual ~type_info();

virtual ~type_info();

Bobo

Hello all.
Can anybody explay WTH std::type_info has a virtual destructor?
AFAIK the constructor is private so you cannot inherit from it (who
would want, anyway?).

TIA.
Bobo.

Victor Bazarov

"Bobo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> Hello all.
> Can anybody explay WTH std::type_info has a virtual destructor?
> AFAIK the constructor is private so you cannot inherit from it (who
> would want, anyway?).

The implementation might need to. Besides, it helps a class to retain
RTTI if at least one member function is virtual. Another thing: the
private constructor prevents the users from constructing it, but some
mechanism has to exist, no?

Just a guess, of course. For better explanation ask in comp.std.c++.

VANNA CHHUM

That's an interesting question. I think you should post to
comp.lang.c++.moderated or comp.std.c++. I'd like to know the answer to it
as well.

Bobo

"VANNA CHHUM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<VqgPb.4140$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> That's an interesting question. I think you should post to
> comp.lang.c++.moderated or comp.std.c++. I'd like to know the answer to it
> as well.

Ok. I'm moving