Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Detecting IDE Devices in C++ ... Need Help

Detecting IDE Devices in C++ ... Need Help

jasper

hi,

i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect
and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look
something like this:

IDE PRIMARY MASTER:
IDE PRIMARY SLAVE:

IDE SECONDARY MASTER:
IDE SECONDARY SLAVE:

And it will just show you what you have connected.
I have been researching for hours and hours for how to
do this and I've come up with NOTHING!

Is this even possible?

I know what you're going to say, why do that when you
can just see the same information in your BIOS when
your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but
I want a way to do it in windows.

Any and all help you can give me (no matter how small), even
a push in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

-jasper

Jack Klein

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:31:18 GMT, "jasper"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> hi,
>
> i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect
> and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look
> something like this:
>
> IDE PRIMARY MASTER:
> IDE PRIMARY SLAVE:
>
> IDE SECONDARY MASTER:
> IDE SECONDARY SLAVE:
>
> And it will just show you what you have connected.
> I have been researching for hours and hours for how to
> do this and I've come up with NOTHING!
>
> Is this even possible?
>
> I know what you're going to say, why do that when you
> can just see the same information in your BIOS when
> your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but
> I want a way to do it in windows.
>
> Any and all help you can give me (no matter how small), even
> a push in the right direction will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> -jasper

There is no way at all to do this in standard C++, the topic of this
newsgroup. Try a Windows programming group like

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com