Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Re: MCDST

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: MCDST

 
 
Shawn Hughes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
No errors for me; works just fine.


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any known problems

with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with the MS Press book
Desktop applications? I continually get the error: "can't open locate the
specified database." I can't find any info through the Knowledge Base. Am
running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements to run. Thanks for
any assistance.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
I believe the test is on Professional (I could be wrong
though) If your using home you probably will get errors


>-----Original Message-----
>Are you running Home or Professional?
>
>"Shawn Hughes" wrote:
>
>> No errors for me; works just fine.
>>
>>
>> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
>> news:3636DA11-F8AF-4529-9A4F-

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is

there any known problems
>> with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with

the MS Press book
>> Desktop applications? I continually get the

error: "can't open locate the
>> specified database." I can't find any info through

the Knowledge Base. Am
>> running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements

to run. Thanks for
>> any assistance.
>> >

>>
>>
>>

>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shawn Hughes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
I've got it running on xp professional but I wouldn't think that would make
a difference. I'll go ahead and try it on XP Home right quick to make sure
though.

brb


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you running Home or Professional?
>
> "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
>
> > No errors for me; works just fine.
> >
> >
> > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any known

problems
> > with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with the MS Press book
> > Desktop applications? I continually get the error: "can't open locate

the
> > specified database." I can't find any info through the Knowledge Base.

Am
> > running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements to run. Thanks

for
> > any assistance.
> > >

> >
> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Shawn Hughes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
Well it works just fine on a PIII800 running XP Home edition so.... did you
try uninstalling and reinstalling? Did you install it off of the autoplay
menu that pops up when you insert the cd?


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Shawn, let me know please.
>
> Dave...
>
> "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
>
> > I've got it running on xp professional but I wouldn't think that would

make
> > a difference. I'll go ahead and try it on XP Home right quick to make

sure
> > though.
> >
> > brb
> >
> >
> > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Are you running Home or Professional?
> > >
> > > "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
> > >
> > > > No errors for me; works just fine.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any known

> > problems
> > > > with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with the MS Press

book
> > > > Desktop applications? I continually get the error: "can't open

locate
> > the
> > > > specified database." I can't find any info through the Knowledge

Base.
> > Am
> > > > running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements to run.

Thanks
> > for
> > > > any assistance.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >

> >
> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Shawn Hughes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-08-2004
Try the measureup chat support on this page:
http://www.measureup.com/Site/displa...viduals&id=188


"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Both through the Autoplay and

Explorer. Still get the can't ocate the specified database error. Running
p42.4, Home Ed.
>
> "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
>
> > Well it works just fine on a PIII800 running XP Home edition so.... did

you
> > try uninstalling and reinstalling? Did you install it off of the

autoplay
> > menu that pops up when you insert the cd?
> >
> >
> > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Thanks Shawn, let me know please.
> > >
> > > Dave...
> > >
> > > "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I've got it running on xp professional but I wouldn't think that

would
> > make
> > > > a difference. I'll go ahead and try it on XP Home right quick to

make
> > sure
> > > > though.
> > > >
> > > > brb
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > Are you running Home or Professional?
> > > > >
> > > > > "Shawn Hughes" wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > > No errors for me; works just fine.
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > > > Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any

known
> > > > problems
> > > > > > with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with the MS

Press
> > book
> > > > > > Desktop applications? I continually get the error: "can't open

> > locate
> > > > the
> > > > > > specified database." I can't find any info through the

Knowledge
> > Base.
> > > > Am
> > > > > > running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements to run.

> > Thanks
> > > > for
> > > > > > any assistance.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >

> >
> >
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
News: MCDST Hits Milestone &i find MCDST is Launch at February 2004^^ =-Zero@HK-=ASP.Net / VB MCDST 0 08-23-2005 02:30 PM
MCDST JC Microsoft Certification 2 02-04-2004 09:52 AM
MCDST beta test (71-272) Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 2 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST 71-272 Mohamed Fekry Abdel Ghaffar Microsoft Certification 1 11-09-2003 03:48 PM
MCDST Waleed A. Nasser Mohamed Hussein Microsoft Certification 5 11-07-2003 03:26 PM



Advertisments