Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > LNK4086 again....

LNK4086 again....

Prasanna

Hello ppl,

Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.

I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
..def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.
When i link my exe, linker says: LNK4086, _mainCRTStartup entrypoint
does not have standard 12 byte argument; image may not run.

There were some suggestion in the groups related to release and debug
modes, and i made sure that it is not a problem with my project. There
were a few other answers to the problem, but i have tried all those
and have not yet hit a solution.

Can someone here give me some suggestions that is tailored to this
problem.

Cheers,
Prasanna.

Jack Klein

On 5 Jan 2004 00:53:18 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Prasanna) wrote
in comp.lang.c++:

> Hello ppl,
>
> Well... i read almost all posts on google about this LNK4086 error.
> But none of them helped me to solve my problem. And so is this post.
>
> I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
> .def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.

Please leave comp.lang.c++ off your cross-post for compiler and
Windows specific questions. The C++ language has no such things as
console applications or DLLs.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Stefan Kuhr

Hello Prasanna,

Prasanna wrote:

> <snip>
> I am trying to make a console application that uses a dll. I have a
> .def file in my project which exports some of the classes to a dll.
> When i link my exe, linker says: LNK4086, _mainCRTStartup entrypoint
> does not have standard 12 byte argument; image may not run.

Did you supply your own function named mainCRTStartup? This is supposed
to be supplied by the C/C++ runtime.

--
Stefan

Prasanna

no, my code does not have any functions with that name...