Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Trouble keeping ActiveX control settings

Trouble keeping ActiveX control settings

=?Utf-8?B?UmlhTHVjaWFAaG90bWFpbC5jb20=?=

I'm having a horrible time trying to run a virus scan on my computer. The software I have will not uninstall or re-install. (Unexplained errors) Thus I've been trying free online virus scanners, however, they all require ActiveX controls to be allowed. I have IE 6 and I have made the necessary adjustments to my security settings to enable ActiveX controls several times. I still get the same message from every virus scan: your ActiveX are not enabled. My problem is: they ARE! Even when I go back and check the setting, it's enabled!

Has anyone run into this problem before? Should I just try re-installing IE altogether?

Mark

Wrong newsgroup.....try posting in the Internet Exploder
group.

Thanks. I don't know why this post ended up here. My computer problems are more abundant than I thought.