Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Windows CPP Compiler Recommendations...

Windows CPP Compiler Recommendations...

Bob Mariotti

Gents;

I have several CPP programs originally built using Borland's TurboCPP
suite. They were developed on Win 3.1and now I need to compile them
for use on Windows98-XP.

Not being familiar with C compilers my question is:

What C++ compiler would one recommend that would provide me with the
best migration of this code to the desired platforms?

I am a seasoned programmer but not in C/CPP but I am also a quick
learner.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Bob

Ralf

"Bob Mariotti" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gents;
>
> I have several CPP programs originally built using Borland's TurboCPP
> suite. They were developed on Win 3.1and now I need to compile them
> for use on Windows98-XP.
>
> Not being familiar with C compilers my question is:
>
> What C++ compiler would one recommend that would provide me with the
> best migration of this code to the desired platforms?
>
> I am a seasoned programmer but not in C/CPP but I am also a quick
> learner.
>
> Thanks in advance for your recommendations.
>
> Bob

It is not a problem to find a compiler. You can take the Borland C++, which
you get free from Borland.
The difficulty is to port typical Win 3.1 code to Win 32 code. Something in
the WIN API has changed.
If the code is written with the OWL, you need this framework too. There is
some free OWL for Win32
available in the net.

Ralf

www.cplusplus-kurse.de