Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > LinkedList

LinkedList

dan

Hello,
I can't seem to find the error when compiling in VS.net 7.1.

I get these errors in the main() cpp file.
LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'CIntList' : undeclared
identifier
LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'list' : undeclared identifier
LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2182: 'DisplayListNodes' : illegal
use of type 'void'
LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): fatal error C1903: unable to recover from
previous error(s); stopping compilation

The error is in the prototype declaration of a function. I've checked
and rechecked my spelling, preprocessor directives, file names all day
and can't seem to find the problem.

The 8 cpp and header files can be found here:
http://www.minedesigngroup.com/LinkedListTut.zip

Can someone in the spirit of the holidays take a look and show me what
I've done wrong?

Happy Holidays!!!
Daniel

NEWB

Victor Bazarov

"dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> I can't seem to find the error when compiling in VS.net 7.1.
>
> I get these errors in the main() cpp file.
> LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'CIntList' : undeclared
> identifier
> LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2065: 'list' : undeclared identifier
> LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): error C2182: 'DisplayListNodes' : illegal
> use of type 'void'
> LinkedListDriver.cpp(13): fatal error C1903: unable to recover from
> previous error(s); stopping compilation
>
> The error is in the prototype declaration of a function. I've checked
> and rechecked my spelling, preprocessor directives, file names all day
> and can't seem to find the problem.
>
> The 8 cpp and header files can be found here:
> http://www.minedesigngroup.com/LinkedListTut.zip
>
> Can someone in the spirit of the holidays take a look and show me what
> I've done wrong?

Several things that I care to comment on.

(a) Don't expect people to follow links to open your source files.
Condense your code down to the bare minimum that reproduces the
error[s] and post it in your message (and NOT as an attachment)

(b) Microsoft-specific code is discussed in Microsoft newsgroups (see
forums that start with "microsoft.public.vc.") Otherwise, #using,
"_tmain", "stdafx.h" are all OFF-TOPIC here.

(c) AFAIK, "stdafx.h" has to be the _very_first_ header you include
in a translation unit. Any other preprocessor directives before
it are simply _ignored_. I think that should take care of your
problem.

Please next time start by reading the FAQ.

Victor

How to synchronize access to LinkedList?? Tobi Krausl Java 2 11-06-2003 04:52 PM
LinkedList? Knute Johnson Java 3 10-27-2003 06:41 PM
how can i store string arrays in a LinkedList David Java 4 07-31-2003 06:06 AM
LinkedList NullPointerException occurs after switched from IBM JVM 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 Tohru Kao Java 3 07-14-2003 08:12 AM
LinkedList NullPointerException occurs after switched from IBM JVM 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 Tohru Kao Java 1 07-08-2003 09:09 AM

Advertisments