Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Is it a Degree in IT or is MCSD enough?

Is it a Degree in IT or is MCSD enough?

Nick Akabude

Hello there

I have worked for 3 years as a VB6 Programmer SQL Server 2000. Moreover, I
hold MCSD. My company does not ever change to any new technology. Presently
I won the US Lottery and wish to migrate from Italy to US.

What is the best advice for me now to be able to meet up if I come to the
States. I pretty much understand that my skill is now old and obsolete. Do
you think that I need a Degree in information technology before I can get
something in the US.
Please I need your good advice

Ken Briscoe

"Nick Akabude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j5kEc.26692$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello there

<snip>

You should post this more. Maybe nobody saw it the first three times.

--

KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Nick,

US is very competitive. If you want to achieve something big or crave a name for yourself in the industry, than come else stay in Italy.

If you do want to come, you might want to upgrade yourself to MCSD.Net as a start. This might land you on a reasonable programming job. If you want to move up the corporate leader, make sure you equip yourself with graduate degrees. Degrees are also important should you have interest in pursuing a career in the academic field.

US is competitive and challenging but rewarding. There are lots of excellent brains with excellent experience from all over the world currently residing here. Come prepared.

Hope this help.

Bobby

"Nick Akabude" wrote:

> Hello there
>
> I have worked for 3 years as a VB6 Programmer SQL Server 2000. Moreover, I
> hold MCSD. My company does not ever change to any new technology. Presently
> I won the US Lottery and wish to migrate from Italy to US.
>
> What is the best advice for me now to be able to meet up if I come to the
> States. I pretty much understand that my skill is now old and obsolete. Do
> you think that I need a Degree in information technology before I can get
> something in the US.
> Please I need your good advice

TechGeekPro

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Nick Akabude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:j5kEc.26692$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello there

> <snip>
>
> You should post this more. Maybe nobody saw it the first three times.

*Whew!*
I'm glad someone else caught that.
I was beginning to think I was hallucinating.

Jeffery

Nick, I have two Masters (MBA), (MSM) and 14 years of Information
Technology, and I'm currently layoff. It's all about networking.

Your other question about moving to USA, Hmm, I would consider staying in
Europe, A lot of American jobs are being outsource to Europe and India.
The unemployement rate is high over here. Good luck.

"Nick Akabude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j5kEc.26692$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello there
>
> I have worked for 3 years as a VB6 Programmer SQL Server 2000. Moreover, I
> hold MCSD. My company does not ever change to any new technology.

Presently
> I won the US Lottery and wish to migrate from Italy to US.
>
> What is the best advice for me now to be able to meet up if I come to the
> States. I pretty much understand that my skill is now old and obsolete.

Do
> you think that I need a Degree in information technology before I can get
> something in the US.
> Please I need your good advice

Jeffery

Nick, look at the July 6, 2004 Tuesday detroit news. It's have a nice
article about outsourceing. www.detnews.com