Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Security certification

Security certification

WOW

Seems like all the high paying network jobs are in security these days.
Anyone have advice on certifications? I've heard of MS security certs, but
can't seem to find any info on it. CISSP worthwhile?

Thanks!

Randy

Mark Fugatt [MVP]

Have you tried these links:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/default.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.asp

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"WOW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems like all the high paying network jobs are in security these days.
> Anyone have advice on certifications? I've heard of MS security certs,
> but
> can't seem to find any info on it. CISSP worthwhile?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Randy

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi WOW,

Security is the hottest thing at the moment. If you want to enter this field, you might like to try Microsoft certification on security. Security, from Microsoft, is on specialization that comes with either MCSA or MCSE.

For specialization on Security in MCSA, please follow this link :
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...server2003.asp

For specialization on Security in MCSE, please follow this link:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...server2003.asp

However, if you want to try out to see if security is indeed for you, you might want to try Security+ from CompTIA. If you get through with this, you can then combine it with your other MCP results to achieve Security specialization for either MCSA or MCSE.

CISSP and SSCP for this matter are meant for those already in the Security field. These are tougher certifications to get, to maintain and more expensive as well as much more exclusive but the reward needless to say, is extremely exciting. These certifications cover more than just network or IT. For more info, follow this link:
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Hope this help.

Bobby

"WOW" wrote:

> Seems like all the high paying network jobs are in security these days.
> Anyone have advice on certifications? I've heard of MS security certs, but
> can't seem to find any info on it. CISSP worthwhile?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Randy

Steve

If you do not already have experience in network
security...go for the Security+ first (comptia.org)
before you jump into CISSP

CISSP is a very hard test that many security people don't
pass the 1st time

WOW

Thanks for all the advice. I did find out about the Microsoft stuff and
just finished a course in Microsoft security (for test 70-299). It was
awesome!! This is definitely something that I'll pursue further. I'll look
into the Security+, I had never paid much attention to it before. I've hear
the CISSP is a mile wide but only and inch deep - meaning broad subject
material, but not much in depth into any specific area.

Randy

"WOW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems like all the high paying network jobs are in security these days.
> Anyone have advice on certifications? I've heard of MS security certs,

but
> can't seem to find any info on it. CISSP worthwhile?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Randy

TechGeekPro

"WOW" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've hear the CISSP is a mile wide but only and inch deep - meaning broad

subject
> material, but not much in depth into any specific area.

I've heard this about the Security+.