Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > I'm Looking For A *Good* C++ Reference Book

I'm Looking For A *Good* C++ Reference Book

Chris Newton

zealott wrote...
> For quick answers I suggest "Teach Yourself C++ in 10 Minutes." It is very
> small, but gets straight to the point and it covers pretty much everything
> C++ can do by itself. It won't cost you a whole lot either.

Unfortunately, it also seems to have a few problems:

http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/publ.../t/t001917.htm

Cheers,
Chris

Bob Jacobs

"Chris Newton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bspqcg$buc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> zealott wrote...
> > For quick answers I suggest "Teach Yourself C++ in 10 Minutes." It is
> > very small, but gets straight to the point and it covers pretty much
> > everything C++ can do by itself. It won't cost you a whole lot either.

> Unfortunately, it also seems to have a few problems:
>
> http://www.accu.org/bookreviews/publ.../t/t001917.htm

May or may not make a difference, but the above review is dated 1999. The
2nd edition of the book dates from 2002.

Gerd Orfey

>Raque <s> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ws.com...
> Hello. I'm looking for a good C++ reference book. I learned C++
> a year ago. It is very broad and I need something to refer to.
> Particularly about syntax (using -> versus ".", etc.), using
> classes, C++ functions, etc. Basically, a good overall C++
> language reference.
>
> I need a reference book. Not a "begin from scratch" instruction
> book, unless there is one that is also a good reference.
>
> Also, does anyone know of any good standard library reference
> books?
>
> Please provide feedback. Thanks.

Maybe "C++ in a Nutshell" from Ray Lischner (O'Reilly, 2003) is what you
are looking for.

Peace

Gerd