Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Sockets

Sockets

Vadim

Hi everyone, I need your help.

I need to create a socket server app that will accept as many as 96
simultaneous connections and do a late-binding call to a COM+ dll.
As I understand, the app has to create a separate socket thread for
each connection, do a call to the COM+ dll (already in place) and drop
the socket connection.
COM+ dll and the socket server app will sit on Win2k sp2 PIII 1GB 512
RAM.
Please give me suggestion on where to start. What should I use
Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
Please help.

Thank you, Vadim

Jack Klein

On 16 Dec 2003 12:06:29 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Vadim) wrote in
comp.lang.c++:

> Hi everyone, I need your help.
>
> I need to create a socket server app that will accept as many as 96
> simultaneous connections and do a late-binding call to a COM+ dll.
> As I understand, the app has to create a separate socket thread for
> each connection, do a call to the COM+ dll (already in place) and drop
> the socket connection.
> COM+ dll and the socket server app will sit on Win2k sp2 PIII 1GB 512
> RAM.
> Please give me suggestion on where to start. What should I use
> Blocking or Non-Blocking sockets? How to do late-binding in C++?
> Please help.
>
> Thank you, Vadim

Start in a Windows programming group such as news:comp.os.ms_windows.*
or one of Microsoft's support groups in the news:microsoft.public.*
family.

The topic here, the C++ language, does not have sockets, COM, DLL, or
non-blocking I/O.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

Carriage Returns and sockets Iceberg Perl 1 09-06-2003 04:49 PM
UNIX Domain Sockets Didatus Perl 1 08-18-2003 04:50 PM
Re: System.Net.Sockets.Tcplistener Gaurav Khanna [.NET MVP] ASP .Net 0 07-25-2003 12:34 PM
Re: System.Net.Sockets.Tcplistener Rick ASP .Net 0 07-17-2003 08:06 PM
Re: System.Net.Sockets.Tcplistener jeff ASP .Net 0 07-17-2003 02:09 PM

Advertisments