Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > map that maps to iterators in the same map ?

map that maps to iterators in the same map ?

Vlad

Hi,
I wonder if it's possible to implement something like

typedef map<string, T::iterator> T;

i.e. to have a map that will resolve keys to iterators in the map of the
same type.

In my situation, I'll have only one such map and can guarantee that all
iterators will remain valid (I'll only add stuff).

Do such recursive constructions known to cause problems? I can use
pointers instead of iterators, but it will be much uglier.

Thanks,
Vladimir