Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Problem writing a .wav file

Problem writing a .wav file

Atri Mandal

Hi,
Can anyone provide me some useful C++ code for creating/writing a .wav
file. I looked at some sites on the net and did something myself but
every time there is a "Damaged File or unsupported format error".
I need to create a wav file (PCM 16-bit mono with 44.1 K sampling rate).
Please let me know whether there are any sites which provide COMPLETE
code to write a .wav file. I can fill in with the necessary changes in
the data portion.

Thanks,
Atri

Victor Bazarov

"Atri Mandal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> Can anyone provide me some useful C++ code for creating/writing a .wav
> file.[...]

This has nothing to do with C++ language. C++ has only generic means
for writing files and you probably are already using all of them. If
you need specifics on WAV file format, C++ language cannot help you.
Ask in a newsgroup where it's on topic, like comp.games.development.audio

Victor