Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > What to do

What to do

Warren S Midgley

Hi,

I currently hold the A+ certification and self-studying the N+ course at the
moment,

I am just come across the new mcdst course and am curios as whether or not
it would be the right thing to do in investing in it,

I have a string backround in it supoort yet hold little work experience
which is making finding work very difficult,

Would this course benefit me in my aim to persue a career in I.T. support

All coments are welcome.

Warren Midgley

imfrom51

You will find a huge amount of advice and discussions
regarding this and many other topics at
http://www.techexams.net/

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=

Hi Warren,

A+ and Network+ are good choices for IT newcomers and it is equivalent to MCDST, though MCDST is very Microsoft XP version (Windows and Office) specific.

If you are intending to pursue higher certifications after Network+, try MCSA. Though it takes much more effort to achieve MCSA then MCDST, it should be more rewarding in your quest to pursue an IT career.

Hope this helps.

Bobby