Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > client SUS updating...

client SUS updating...

Gordon J. Rattray

Hi there,

Seems I've got the GPOs ready in the SUS to automatically update the
clients.

Windows Server 2003 and XP clients.

How can I tell in the clients that it is pointed and ready to get the
updates from the SUS server?

Thanks,

Gordon

Neil

"Gordon J. Rattray" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ORrk1ApQEHA.1312
@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> Hi there,
>
> Seems I've got the GPOs ready in the SUS to automatically update the
> clients.
>
> Windows Server 2003 and XP clients.
>
> How can I tell in the clients that it is pointed and ready to get the
> updates from the SUS server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon

I believe you will find what you need here

http://www.susserver.com/

in either the articles or FAQ section

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Roger Abell

A single post to the Sus newsgroup would have been sufficient
microsoft.public.softwareupdatesvcs

If the reg settings are as intended, as doc'd in the Sus deployment
writeup, you should be ready; else use GPMC to see if the GPO
is effective for selected clients.

--
Roger Abell
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA