Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Good C++ Compiler?

Good C++ Compiler?

Kyle Stevens

Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
where I might download them?

Klaus Eichner

"Kyle Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs

Jon Bell

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Kyle Stevens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
>where I might download them?

What do you want to run it on?

--
Jon Bell <(E-Mail Removed)> Presbyterian College

Yeoh HS

On 14 Nov 2003 17:11:49 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Kyle
Stevens) wrote:

>Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
>where I might download them?

If you are coding on Windows platform, you might want to check out
MinGW at http://www.mingw.org and also Dev-C++, an IDE for MinGW at:
http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html

Best Regards,
Yeoh

--
http://www.yeohhs.com

Eric Damphousse

(E-Mail Removed) (Kyle Stevens) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
> where I might download them?

I would recommend that you have a look at the GCC compiler. You will
find it at gcc.gnu.org. It pretty much runs on every single platform
you can think off and as per your requirement, its free. Look at
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html to see if your platform of
choice is there.

Eric

Alex

"Kyle Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
> where I might download them?

If you are coding on Windows platform, you might want to check out Borland
C++5.5 at http:\\www.borland.com?

Good Luck!
Alex
2003/11/25

Alex

"Kyle Stevens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
> where I might download them?

If you are coding on Windows platform, you might want to check out Borland
C++5.5 at http:\\www.borland.com?

Good Luck!
Alex
2003/11/25

Jeff

> Does anyone know of and good, and free, C++ compiler programs and
> where I might download them?

http://www.gnu.org/directory/GNU/gpp.html

It's pretty good and its _very_ widely used. On the rare occasions when
I have issues with it, I can usually find somebody else who has had the
same issue and solved it. The documentation is pretty good, too.

In general, the best free compilers and other development utilities are
developed on Linux these days. If you're planning to do a lot of
development, it's probably worth running Linux. Oh, and almost all
distributions of linux come with recent versions of GCC (the Gnu
compiler collection) pre-installed, along with a bunch of other good
stuff (debuggers, etc.).