Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Need help with a simple program

Need help with a simple program

Jerbarnes07

I'm a beginning user of C++ and need some help. I'm writing a program that
reads a voltage signal & displays it on the computer. I'm using a Cygnal
C8051F005 microcontroller but don't know how to set the ports. I need one input
port to connect the analog voltage signal & 1 output port to send the data, via
RS232 serial cable, to the computer.

Can anyone help me?

Bruce

In comp.lang.c++
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jerbarnes07) wrote:

>I'm a beginning user of C++ and need some help. I'm writing a program that
>reads a voltage signal & displays it on the computer. I'm using a Cygnal
>C8051F005 microcontroller but don't know how to set the ports. I need one input
>port to connect the analog voltage signal & 1 output port to send the data, via
>RS232 serial cable, to the computer.

You'll have better luck in comp.arch.embedded or comp.realtime

Have you pulled the data sheet?