Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Bootcamps

Bootcamps

Jay Figer

To whom it may concern:

I am considering a bootcamp to obtain an MCSE. I couldn't
find the name of the company (Globalnet Training) in the
CTEC search page.

- What is Microsoft's opinion of MCSE bootcamps?

- Does Microsoft grant CTEC status to companies that run
MCSE bootcamps? If so, is Globalnet Training a CTEC?

thank you for your time.

Jay Figer A+, NET+

=?Utf-8?B?Oi0p?=

Hi Jay

You will need to ask yourself two questions to determine if you really want to go to a boot camp. I will give you my experience and you can take it from ther

First quesiton: Are you experienced and just want to get your CERT's
Second: Are you looking for alot of hands on type teaching

I have many - a - years in the industry and numerous cert's. I just finished the 2003 boot camp and got my cert's but had no time for LABS or Hands on. I have 2003 in my infrustructure, therefore I can play and go, but for most... they have not upgraded yet

My first MCSE was a 7 month class which allowed a better environment for someone whom might have less experience. It was based on total lab work and not so much lecture.

Good luck....

Jeff Cochran

On Wed, 12 May 2004 14:40:46 -0700, "Jay Figer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am considering a bootcamp to obtain an MCSE. I couldn't
>find the name of the company (Globalnet Training) in the
>CTEC search page.
>
> - What is Microsoft's opinion of MCSE bootcamps?

Officially, none. If they teach the MOC, then they teach the MOC.

> - Does Microsoft grant CTEC status to companies that run
>MCSE bootcamps?

Sure. A CTEC isn't indicative of the training process.

>If so, is Globalnet Training a CTEC?

If they're on the list. Why not ask them?

Note that most of the bootcamp curriculums are *not* the MOC but that
doesn't make them any less valid a training option. Also be aware
that a total novice will waste his money on a boot camp, they're great
for those with some experience prepping for an exam series, but poor
at actual training. No time available. When the instructor says
"Create a user named Test on the domain London" you had better know
how to do that, since he won't stop for questions.

Jeff

Margaret Iuculano

Microsoft does not have official curriculum for one bootcamp. You would
need to take a series of classes to achieve your objective using MOC which
is another name for Microsoft Official Curriculum. Only training centers
who officially use MOC in the classroom can be Certified Learning Partners.

Also, Microsoft has changed the name from CTEC to Certified Partner Learning
Solutions or CPLS. By going to the Microsoft site and entering the class
you are interested in all CPLS sites will populate for you.

Hope this answers your questions.

--

www.techsherpas.com
813-287-8876
news:c3e301c43869$c8e32f30$(E-Mail Removed)...

BootCamps? MattWoberts MCSD 2 01-21-2005 03:20 AM
BootCamps Is It Worth It? smith@msn.com MCSD 14 04-23-2004 02:46 AM
bootcamps / training .net John MCSD 2 02-05-2004 02:08 PM
Re: MCSD Bootcamps? sunil chandra MCSD 0 08-08-2003 09:55 PM
MCSD Bootcamps? Narendra MCSD 2 08-04-2003 04:53 PM

Advertisments