Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > removing a laptop from a workgroup

removing a laptop from a workgroup

=?Utf-8?B?U2hlbGx5?=

I tried to set up a workgroup on my home network (a DSL network), in order to
share a printer, and it is causing issues on my personal laptop. The other
computer is also a laptop, but it is on a domain, and I am unable to change
this, due to it being a work-issued pc. I'd like to remove my personal
laptop from the workgroup, or delete the entire workgroup. My work pc is
running XP Pro, my personal laptop is running XP Home. Any suggestions for
me to try? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

a workgroup is nothing but a name. you don't belong to it, all it does is
make a way to group machines in the windows explorer. so to remove your
machine from a workgroup all you do is change the name to something else.
but it won't change how you share a printer and shouldn't cause any other
issues.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...