Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > free disk space

free disk space

Piotr

What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
thank you

Peter van Merkerk

"Piotr" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bn38lk$2fmf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the simple function checking free disk space ?

Standard C++ does not have a function for checking free disk space, you
will have to use a platform specific function for this.

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

David Rubin

Piotr wrote:

> What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
> thank you

df

-- unknown

Thomas Matthews

David Rubin wrote:

> Piotr wrote:
>
>>What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
>>thank you

> df

I tried this command on my embbed system with a
proprietary operating system and the command didn't
work. Any suggestions?

Also, my platform doesn't have a disk.
Any suggestions?

(Hint: platform specific answers should be supplied
in a platform specific newsgroup.)

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

David Rubin

Thomas Matthews wrote:

> David Rubin wrote:
>
> > Piotr wrote:
> >
> >>What is the simple function checking free disk space ?
> >>thank you

> > df
> >

> I tried this command on my embbed system with a
> proprietary operating system and the command didn't
> work. Any suggestions?

No. OT questions and responses are unqualified and unsupported.

> Also, my platform doesn't have a disk.
> Any suggestions?

Don't ask about finding the remaining disk space if you don't have a
disk?

> (Hint: platform specific answers should be supplied
> in a platform specific newsgroup.)

Thanks.

/david

-- unknown

Christopher Benson-Manica

David Rubin <(E-Mail Removed)> spoke thus:

>> I tried this command on my embbed system with a
>> proprietary operating system and the command didn't
>> work. Any suggestions?

> No. OT questions and responses are unqualified and unsupported.

Check your post parser, I think it missed the implied <sarcasm> tags there