Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > [ANN] delphi2cpp - a syntax-based code conversion utility to translate Pascal/Delphi to C++

[ANN] delphi2cpp - a syntax-based code conversion utility to translate Pascal/Delphi to C++

Ivan Vecerina

Hi,

Having had the need to translate to C++ some code written
in Delphi's Object Pascal dialect, I was disappointed that
existing translation tools seemed to choke on Delphi-specific
extensions to the language.

I ended up writing a syntax-based translation tool to do the
bulk of the conversion. It is written in C++ using GNU flex.

A copy of the utility and source code is available at:
http://ivan.vecerina.com/code/delphi2cpp/

I hope this utility can be helpful to some of you.

Cheers,
Ivan
--
http://ivan.vecerina.com

Jerry Coffin

In article <3f891ff0$(E-Mail Removed)>,

[ ...]

> Having had the need to translate to C++ some code written
> in Delphi's Object Pascal dialect, I was disappointed that
> existing translation tools seemed to choke on Delphi-specific
> extensions to the language.

That's not really terribly surprising -- that last time I tried to
check, it seemed to be difficult to even GET a complete grammar for
Delphi, not to mention turning that into a translator. Maybe Borland
has fixed this, but the only grammar I could find from them at the time
seemed to be _quite_ incomplete and more or less self-contradictory
(i.e. a large number of important productions were unreachable).

> I ended up writing a syntax-based translation tool to do the
> bulk of the conversion. It is written in C++ using GNU flex.

Flex is _not_ from GNU. Its development (and licensing) are entirely
separate from anything GNU.

--
Later,
Jerry.