Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Simulating punctuation character input

Simulating punctuation character input

Barb

I'm simulating keyboard input in Visual C++ using the SendInput
function. It seems to work fine for all characters (A-Z, 0-9). I am
however having real problems trying to read other characters such as:
- = \ [ ] ; ' , . /

I am trying to grab the character by using VkKeyScan( '=' ). If I use
either VK_OEM_2 or VK_COMMA, they are not recognized. If I pass their
value as the input it simulates other input (opening different
applications as it inputs). I have tried different things and the
closest I got was that when I passed some, not all, of the char they
would be understood as if they were in the shift state. I was unable
to unshift them.

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Barb

Thomas Matthews

Barb wrote:

> I'm simulating keyboard input in Visual C++ using the SendInput
> function. It seems to work fine for all characters (A-Z, 0-9). I am
> however having real problems trying to read other characters such as:
> - = \ [ ] ; ' , . /
>
> I am trying to grab the character by using VkKeyScan( '=' ). If I use
> either VK_OEM_2 or VK_COMMA, they are not recognized. If I pass their
> value as the input it simulates other input (opening different
> applications as it inputs). I have tried different things and the
> closest I got was that when I passed some, not all, of the char they
> would be understood as if they were in the shift state. I was unable
> to unshift them.
>
> Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Barb

More help can be found in a Microsoft Visual C++ newsgroup.
This newsgroup, news:comp.lang.c++, discusses the _standard_
C++ language, which has no facilities for VkKeyScan.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt