Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > OT: Selling lots of C++ books cheap

OT: Selling lots of C++ books cheap

Mike T

Hi,

I am moving. I am selling all my computer books; history of
computing, ada, C++, Cray, etc. All of it starting at 25 cents or
less. Please visit.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&since=-1&rd=1

If link does not work, my Ebay ID is Justbooks.

Thanks,
Mike T.

Mike Wahler

"Mike T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
>
> I am moving. I am selling all my computer books;

You have indicated that you know your message is
off topic here, by your insertion of [OT] in your
message subject. Acknowledgment of lack of topicality
does not somehow make it appropriate to post your
solicitation here.

You can expect to have your message treated just
as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
likely, the target of flames.

There are many newsgroups dedicated to buying, selling,
trading, etc. of any and all types of merchandise.
This is not one of them.

-Mike

Noah Roberts

Mike Wahler wrote:
> "Mike T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am moving. I am selling all my computer books;

> You can expect to have your message treated just
> as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
> likely, the target of flames.

IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few times
when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he is saying
that he has a few books that someone may get away with pretty cheap.
Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are rather
interesting and could be useful to someone here.

NR

WW

Noah Roberts wrote:
>> You can expect to have your message treated just
>> as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
>> likely, the target of flames.

> IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few
> times when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he
> is saying that he has a few books that someone may get away with
> pretty cheap. Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are
> rather interesting and could be useful to someone here.

ADs are off-topic here. If someone is looking for books that someone will
be already searching on eBay. The reason there is no for.sale in the name
of this newsgroup is because it is not for advertisements. Be it job,
books, political etc. Product announcements are a big exception, if done
with sense and once.

--
WW aka Attila

John Carson

"Noah Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:blodp3$r5p$(E-Mail Removed)

> IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few
> times when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he
> is saying that he has a few books that someone may get away with
> pretty cheap. Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are
> rather interesting and could be useful to someone here.
>
> NR

What utter rubbish. Unsolicited advertising is the very essence of spam. Get
a dictionary.

--
John Carson

Jack Klein

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:27:15 -0700, Noah Roberts
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

> Mike Wahler wrote:
> > "Mike T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I am moving. I am selling all my computer books;

> > You can expect to have your message treated just
> > as any other spam message here, either ignored, or more
> > likely, the target of flames.

> IMHO you are overreacting in this case. This is one of those few times
> when a heads up is appropriate. The OP is not "spamming", he is saying
> that he has a few books that someone may get away with pretty cheap.
> Many of the books he is listing are crap, but some are rather
> interesting and could be useful to someone here.
>
> NR

I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he posted
advertisements for low cost home mortgages or products for enlarging a
certain portion of the male anatomy? After all, someone here might be
interested in such things as well.

Get a clue. Spam is spam, and this most certainly is spam.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

David B. Held

"Jack Klein" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he
> posted advertisements for low cost home mortgages or
> products for enlarging a certain portion of the male anatomy?
> After all, someone here might be interested in such things
> as well.
>
> Get a clue. Spam is spam, and this most certainly is spam.

Considering how often people come here asking for books
on C++ or programming, I don't see how those are comparable
to the original post. It's spam, but it's possibly good spam.

Dave

---

Noah Roberts

Jack Klein wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:27:15 -0700, Noah Roberts
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.c++:
>

>>Mike Wahler wrote:
>>
>>>"Mike T" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) e.com...

> I suppose then that you would consider it acceptable if he posted
> advertisements for low cost home mortgages or products for enlarging a
> certain portion of the male anatomy?

This isn't alt.small.prick or any newsgroup related to any of the other
subjects you mentioned. This is not a proffesional mass emailer trying
to push his sleaze. IMHO there is a difference.

NR