Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > "unresolved external symbol" error in MSVC++ 6.0

"unresolved external symbol" error in MSVC++ 6.0

Rodolphe

Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
following errors :

applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_ISampleGrabber
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_NullRenderer
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_SampleGrabber
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_SmartTee
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_CaptureGraphBuilder2
applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_ICaptureGraphBuilder2
strmbasd.lib(wxdebug.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__strrchr
Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved
externals

These symbols are part of DirectX, so I've tried to reinstall it, with
no more success. Then I noticed by search that I had to change
"strmbasd.lib" by "strmiids.lib" with this type of error under
DirectX. This corrects the errors above, but new ones appear then :

applicap.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
wsprintfWInternal(unsigned short *,unsigned short const *,...)"
(?wsprintfWInternal@@YAHPAGPBGZZ)
Debug_Unicode/AppliCap.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals

I precise that my project requires DirectX 9 SDK which I reinstalled
several times and that this program works well on another computer
with the same configuration (Windows 2000 Professional, Visual Studio
6.0 ans Directx 9 SDK).
I'm getting mad with this problem because my project doesn't advance,
so I would be very grateful if someone could help me to solve it.

Thanks and sorry for the length of my post.

Nils Petter Vaskinn

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:36:35 -0700, Rodolphe wrote:

> Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.

Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
language either.

> When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
> following errors :

I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
than in this group (since your question is off topic here)

try
microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx

and perhaps the
microsoft.public.vc.*
groups.

hth
--
NPV
"Linux is to Lego as Windows is to Fisher Price." - Doctor J Frink

Jonathan Mcdougall

> When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
> following errors :

<snip>
> These symbols are part of DirectX,

Jonathan

Rodolphe

"Nils Petter Vaskinn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) nvalid>...
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:36:35 -0700, Rodolphe wrote:
>
> > Hello, I'm French so sorry for my approximate English.
> >

> Your english seems fine to me, but then again english isn't my first
> language either.
>
> > When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
> > following errors :

> I can't help you, but I can tell you where you're more likely to get help
> than in this group (since your question is off topic here)
>
> try
> microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx
>
> and perhaps the
> microsoft.public.vc.*
> groups.
>

> hth

Thanks for your advice ; I'll try to post at these url...

Rodolphe

"Jonathan Mcdougall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<lAVeb.1686$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > When I try to compile a project under Visual C++ 6.0, I've got the
> > following errors :

> <snip>
> > These symbols are part of DirectX,

> http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lit...t.html#faq-5.9