Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > RH8: Java Src to Shared Libs

RH8: Java Src to Shared Libs

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED

I have a C++ Red Hat 8.0 program that will need
to use some utilities written in Java. I would
like to a generate shared library from the Java
code that will be linked into the C++ program
so that everything runs in one process.
Can this be done? Where do I begin?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Shane Beasley

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> I have a C++ Red Hat 8.0 program that will need
> to use some utilities written in Java. I would
> like to a generate shared library from the Java
> code that will be linked into the C++ program
> so that everything runs in one process.
> Can this be done? Where do I begin?

This newsgroup discusses the ISO C++ standard language and library.
What you're asking cannot be solved in terms of ISO C++ alone.

<off-topic>
I think JNI is exactly what you're looking for. Also, find yourself a
good Java forum; they should be able to help you.
</off-topic>

- Shane

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED

Shane Beasley wrote:

> Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
>
> > I have a C++ Red Hat 8.0 program that will need
> > to use some utilities written in Java. I would
> > like to a generate shared library from the Java
> > code that will be linked into the C++ program
> > so that everything runs in one process.
> > Can this be done? Where do I begin?

> This newsgroup discusses the ISO C++ standard language and library.
> What you're asking cannot be solved in terms of ISO C++ alone.
>
> <off-topic>
> I think JNI is exactly what you're looking for. Also, find yourself a
> good Java forum; they should be able to help you.
> </off-topic>
>
> - Shane

No doubt a java group would consider reference to c++ off-topic.
This narrow view is an anathema to effective productivity.
Mike.

Shane Beasley

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> No doubt a java group would consider reference to c++ off-topic.
> This narrow view is an anathema to effective productivity.

JNI is part of what Sun is marketing as Java. Therefore, it had better be on-topic.

- Shane