Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Project Help Wanted - Volunteer C++ Developers

Project Help Wanted - Volunteer C++ Developers

David O'Donoghue

mCode, a project which began in late 2002 that aims to create a
computer simulated photo-realistic world, and possible "neuro/sys",
the hardware necessary to export the module's creation to the human
brain, allowing the user to view, feel, and experience the generated
world "first hand" is seeking volunteer developers to join our team
and fill the following positions:

C++
C++ devs are needed immediately. Candidates must fully understand the
C++ "messaging" and routing system. We need some devs to write OO
libraries (classes, etc.) and others to write runtimes which take
compiled code written with these libraries and interpret it. There are
7 runtimes and libraries which need to be coded, and all of the
runtimes must be able to communicate to produce output. Admitted
applicants will be able to view the requirements document for a more
detailed description of the work involved.

To learn more about these positions and the mCode project visit our
website located at http://mcode.sourceforge.net/

WW

David O'Donoghue wrote:
> mCode, a project which began in late 2002 that aims to create a
> computer simulated photo-realistic world, and possible "neuro/sys",
> the hardware necessary to export the module's creation to the human
> brain, allowing the user to view, feel, and experience the generated
> world "first hand" is seeking volunteer developers to join our team
> and fill the following positions:
>
> C++
> C++ devs are needed immediately. Candidates must fully understand the
> C++ "messaging" and routing system. We need some devs to write OO
> libraries (classes, etc.) and others to write runtimes which take
> compiled code written with these libraries and interpret it. There are
> 7 runtimes and libraries which need to be coded, and all of the
> runtimes must be able to communicate to produce output. Admitted
> applicants will be able to view the requirements document for a more
> detailed description of the work involved.

I am a C++ person, but if you ever intend to put anything into my brain that
is better be written in Ada. And designers who are not "only" volunteers
but hardcore guys who could make a space shuttle program.

--
WW aka Attila

David O'Donoghue

Let me clear things up a little with the description of our project..
mCode is actually 3 projects being worked on simultaneously. The
first is the modules, which contains runtimes and libraries for coding
generated worlds. The second are the other programmed interfaces and
systems, such as the admin stations, or the interpreter program for
running traditional programs on the system. The third project is the
neuro/sys. This is the main focus of a lot of the mCode team, mainly
because the neuro/sys is completely revolutionary, and thus requires a
great deal of work.

It would be a long time before we started development on the modules
(if ever) first we would need to have proffesional staff(paid
positions) we would then need to get funding and a med team, so it
would be more than just a volunteer team, but again that is a long
ways down the road.

More info can be found on our site at http://mcode.sourceforge.net

Hope this clears things up a little.

DO

David O'Donoghue wrote:
> Let me clear things up a little with the description of our project..
> mCode is actually 3 projects being worked on simultaneously. The

[SNIP]

Don't top post please!

--
WW aka Attila

Terry

"David O'Donoghue" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> mCode, a project which began in late 2002 that aims to create a
> computer simulated photo-realistic world, and possible "neuro/sys",
> the hardware necessary to export the module's creation to the human
> brain, allowing the user to view, feel, and experience the generated
> world "first hand" is seeking volunteer developers to join our team
> and fill the following positions:
>
> C++
> C++ devs are needed immediately. Candidates must fully understand the
> C++ "messaging" and routing system. We need some devs to write OO
> libraries (classes, etc.) and others to write runtimes which take
> compiled code written with these libraries and interpret it. There are
> 7 runtimes and libraries which need to be coded, and all of the
> runtimes must be able to communicate to produce output. Admitted
> applicants will be able to view the requirements document for a more
> detailed description of the work involved.
>
> To learn more about these positions and the mCode project visit our
> website located at http://mcode.sourceforge.net/

By volunteer you mean unpaid ?.
Why would I want to do that ?

Regards

Attila Feher

Terry wrote:
[SNIP]
> By volunteer you mean unpaid ?.
> Why would I want to do that ?

To pay for your past sins. You are a programmer, are you not?

--
Attila aka WW

Terry

"Attila Feher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkrib5$fvl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Terry wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > By volunteer you mean unpaid ?.
> > Why would I want to do that ?

> To pay for your past sins. You are a programmer, are you not?
>
> --
> Attila aka WW

LOL : Are you the groups policeman ?

Regards

WW

Terry wrote:
> "Attila Feher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Terry wrote:
>> [SNIP]
>>> By volunteer you mean unpaid ?.
>>> Why would I want to do that ?

>> To pay for your past sins. You are a programmer, are you not?

> LOL : Are you the groups policeman ?

I don't see what the question has to do with the joke I have made.

--
WW aka Attila