Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Homeless VC++ programmers

Homeless VC++ programmers

WL Gardner

I've seen scores upon scores of vc++ messages posted to the c++ group.
I just want to say how IRRITATED I am that whoever is in charge of
developing Google groups doesn't create a group for VC++.

And to those few "wise" "educated" "elite" c++ programmer lifers out
there who get their thrills on Saturday nights ripping apart some nOOb
vc++ programmer for posting to the wrong group, go out and get a date
or something. At least they are educated enough to ask for help,
eventhough they don't know where to go. Some of us DO have hobbies
outside of programming.

I know this is only a few C++ programmers doing this, and the rest of
you are cool. And I know c++ programmers are getting the shaft on this
too since they get to watch vc++ questions plug up their message
boards.

So all I'm saying is in the meantime give a little love to your VC++
cousins, that is, those of us who don't use or aren't masters of the
greatest language written by God himself, c++.

W.L. Gardner

Mike Wahler

"WL Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've seen scores upon scores of vc++ messages posted to the c++ group.
> I just want to say how IRRITATED I am that whoever is in charge of
> developing Google groups doesn't create a group for VC++.

Google doesn't create newsgroups, it provide indexes
and links to them.

I got these links from google:

nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.vc.language
nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.vc.mfc

There are many more.

[flame bait snipped]

-Mike

Ron Ruble

"Mike Wahler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:UBRab.9891$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> "WL Gardner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I've seen scores upon scores of vc++ messages posted to the c++ group.
> > I just want to say how IRRITATED I am that whoever is in charge of
> > developing Google groups doesn't create a group for VC++.

> Google doesn't create newsgroups, it provide indexes
> and links to them.

Mike, details of how newsgroups _do_ get created:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/crea...sgroups/part1/

Once more demonstrating why the most common advice in this
group is "read the FAQs"

Sandeep

There is a group for VC++ programmers. Visit:

--
http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio
EventStudio 2.0 - Generate Sequence Diagrams and Use Cases in PDF

Y2KYZFR1

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (WL Gardner) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I've seen scores upon scores of vc++ messages posted to the c++ group.
> I just want to say how IRRITATED I am that whoever is in charge of
> developing Google groups doesn't create a group for VC++.
>
> And to those few "wise" "educated" "elite" c++ programmer lifers out
> there who get their thrills on Saturday nights ripping apart some nOOb
> vc++ programmer for posting to the wrong group, go out and get a date
> or something. At least they are educated enough to ask for help,
> eventhough they don't know where to go. Some of us DO have hobbies
> outside of programming.
>
> I know this is only a few C++ programmers doing this, and the rest of
> you are cool. And I know c++ programmers are getting the shaft on this
> too since they get to watch vc++ questions plug up their message
> boards.
>
> So all I'm saying is in the meantime give a little love to your VC++
> cousins, that is, those of us who don't use or aren't masters of the
> greatest language written by God himself, c++.
>

> W.L. Gardner

the really pathetic thing is you don't understand that Google is NOT
in charge of the USENET News groups, no-one is. There are plenty of
microsoft specific groups you are just ignornate of them.

osirisgothra osirisgothra is offline
Junior Member

I REALIZE THIS IS AN OLD POST, SO DONT BOTHER COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT BUT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WL Gardner View Post
[...]

Hmm this is pretty lame, USENET newsgroups have been around forever, and anyone who knows anything about them knows that there are (as you put it) scores of groups on every subject INCLUDING VC++... obviously you are misinformed because its been around longer than google and yes, i was actually there I am not just guessing. I think this whole rant is very simmilar to what most do when they themselves have some issues and want to hide them by flaming someone else. Even the biggest hardcore a-hole C++ programmers do not purposely rip on newbies, but we do rip on retards because there is no shortage of those. A popular example of this is the "Press ALT+F4 for help" title in the chatroom... if you had to listen to people like that over and over and over and over and over again, and your job consisted of this day in and day out, you might be a bit more sympathetic. As for dating, i dont see what that has to do with anything...maybe its just that you can't get one?? So next time don't rip on us, if we are mean to someone, it's because they made us that way... so don't complain until you have all the information, and the information is actually correct. Have a nice day! *click*