Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > can someone give me a little advice.

can someone give me a little advice.

Adam Schroeder

I'm a computer science student looking for a little advice on network
programming using TCP/IP? I'm using Borland's 5.02 compiler, but I could
use Dev C++ if you advise that... is there any classes or libraries that I
should know about.

Thanks ina dvance.

Kevin Goodsell

Adam Schroeder wrote:
> I'm a computer science student looking for a little advice on network
> programming using TCP/IP? I'm using Borland's 5.02 compiler, but I could
> use Dev C++ if you advise that... is there any classes or libraries that I
> should know about.

Not in (standard) C++.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/offtopic.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Kevin

Govindan

"Adam Schroeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zCR7b.867$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I'm a computer science student looking for a little advice on network
> programming using TCP/IP? I'm using Borland's 5.02 compiler, but I could
> use Dev C++ if you advise that... is there any classes or libraries that I
> should know about.
>
> Thanks ina dvance.

Your question is off-topic, but here goes.
Whatever IDE or Operating system you are using for network programming;
just include the library module that implements sockets etc in your library
path.
For eg in Windows, u must include winsock.dll in your IDE's path
That is for each project you compile or build, the appropriate helper
library
must be set in the Options or Project settings for your network program.

If not u will get compile or link errors or both.