Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > vc7 debug jump wrong line

vc7 debug jump wrong line

Vi

Hi,

I have a very weird problem. Have anyone encounter this and how do you
solve it?

For example, I have 20 line of code (example only, no real sense)

0
1 for(int i=0;i<NoOfMatches;i++) {
4 if(theList.GetNo(i)== (unsigned long) -1) break;
7 printf("%s\t%f\n",RamDB.GotoEntry(theList.GetNo(i) )->
8 GetFilename(),
9 theList.GetDistanceValue(i));
15 //nothing here

Line 0,2,3,5,6,10 is empty, other with command.

Now, when I debug this with breakpoint sets at line 1, it might go in
this fashion, line 2,4,5,7,8,10,13,15,18,19,20 etc. in fact, randomly.

Do anyone know what is happening?

Thanks a lot.

Vi

Unforgiven

Vi wrote:
> Now, when I debug this with breakpoint sets at line 1, it might go in
> this fashion, line 2,4,5,7,8,10,13,15,18,19,20 etc. in fact, randomly.
>
> Do anyone know what is happening?

This is off topic here. You may want to ask again at
microsoft.public.vsnet.general, or at microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vc or
similar. You might also want to try to word your question differently there
because I did not really understand what you meant.

--
Unforgiven

"Most people make generalisations"
Freek de Jonge

Ron Natalie

"Vi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Xns93F2971B05425vinglycoscouk@137.205.128.11. ..
> Hi,
>
> I have a very weird problem. Have anyone encounter this and how do you
> solve it?

There is a newsgroup microsoft.public.vc.debugger that will get you the
answer to this question better than asking it here.

Vi

"Unforgiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bjnb32$kqurk$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> This is off topic here. You may want to ask again at
> microsoft.public.vsnet.general, or at
> microsoft.public.dotnet.language.vc or similar. You might also want to
> try to word your question differently there because I did not really
> understand what you meant.

Thanks for informing me about it. I will post it at your suggested
newsgroup and rephrase it. Just starting to learn to use newsgroup...

Vi