Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: How to share vector among different processes?

Re: How to share vector among different processes?

red floyd

Zhang Yan wrote:
> Hi,
> I have data stored in a vector, and want to share it among different processes.
> The problem is to share the data maintained by vector<> not the vector itself.
> Is it necessary to write an allocator to allocate memory from shared memory?
> sorry for my poor English, thanks in advance
> Sincerely yours,
> Zhang Yan
> Harbin Institute of Technology
> E-Mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

It's OT for c.l.c++, but I believe CUJ had an article recently about custom allocators for
STL containers in shared memory.

The reason it's OT is that Standard C++ has no concept of a "Process" or "Shared Memory", so
any implementation is OS specific.

Zhang Yan

could you show me the URL of the article, I didn't find it on www.cuj.com.
and I just want to know is there any easier solutions than writing an
allocator.

BTW:
I've found an allocator written for shared memeory on sourceforge.net

news:3o26b.9824$(E-Mail Removed) m...