Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Filenames on CD

Filenames on CD

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgbGVNYWM=?=

When my client writes to CD from his PC (running XP), although the filenames are fine on his machine, when I read the disc on my Mac (running OS 9.2) all the names have been shortened to the old 8 character DOS system. Why? and Is there a solution?

lostsoul

yes...microsoft has patchs you can run that will keep
them in old form