Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: [HELP] Brushing up my C++?

Re: [HELP] Brushing up my C++?

Peter van Merkerk

"ark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WlF1b.78959$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> My specialty has been optimization where that last single-digit % of
> performance and/or footprint is what makes or breaks. I moved from

embedded
> assemblers to C hesitantly because, boy, was I good at returning CPU

flags
> from functions! Assemblers are for the most part sacrificed to

portability,
> to the extent of its practical existence.
>
> These days, the name of the job market game is C++, even in the

embedded
> world. So, I would like to ask the experts, what, if anything, I lose

or
> gain in C++ vs. C in the current state of the compiler art.

You might find this article an interesting read:
http://www.objectmentor.com/resource...tillUsingC.pdf

--
Peter van Merkerk
peter.van.merkerk(at)dse.nl

Myspace profile brushing up. Jos HTML 0 10-19-2006 09:56 AM
Need advice about brushing up on my C++ Kevin Carne C++ 5 12-23-2005 07:56 PM
Re: [HELP] Brushing up my C++? Ivan Vecerina C++ 0 08-23-2003 11:31 AM

Advertisments