Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Introduction to Oflow

Introduction to Oflow

Lin Li

I hope this posting does not violate the rules of this group.
Since this is a language group, I believe many regular users
are also interested in computer languages in general. I would
like to invite those interested to have a look at a graphical
computing model I developed. It is called Oflow. Its basic
properties are:

Completely graph oriented computing model without
underlying sequential presentation of computing logic.

Very small set of constructs and concepts.

Parallel algorithm expression at all granularity levels.

Inherent support for widely distributed systems.

Inherent transparent persistency.

Natural integration mechanism with existing distributed
application systems.

Integrated data and their handling capabilities eliminate
the need for software distribution and their version control.

Very strongly typed language with high generic programming
capacities.

Types are stand-alone and serve as contracts to make
independently developed systems to cooperate smoothly
together.

Integral handling of type foster co-evolution of common
types that bind diverse independent systems together.

Inherent capability to support rich and adaptable presentation
of elements to the users on different gadgets and other
user preferences.

I prepared a small web page where the basic information about
Oflow is presented: http://web.green.ch/oflow. You can reach
me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). If you replay to this posting,
please do so in comp.lang.visual because it is more related
to the topic and it is currently not very active. I am going
to monitor that group only.

Thank you very much and have a nice day in your favorite group.

Lin

Gianni Mariani

Lin Li wrote:
> I hope this posting does not violate the rules of this group.
> Since this is a language group, I believe many regular users
> are also interested in computer languages in general. I would
> like to invite those interested to have a look at a graphical
> computing model I developed. It is called Oflow. Its basic
> properties are:
>
> Completely graph oriented computing model without
> underlying sequential presentation of computing logic.

This is 100% off topic.

However I have been working on some of these ideas myself and I am
convinced that some generation of this kind of product will eliminate
the need for textual representations of programs so from that
perspective it is highly relevant.

Very COOL work.

Introduction to Logic Gates Silverstrand Front Page News 0 10-24-2005 01:44 PM
Introduction to FB-DIMM Memory: Birth of Serial RAM? Silverstrand Front Page News 3 07-09-2005 04:57 AM
Introduction to Case Modding Silverstrand Front Page News 0 06-24-2005 09:31 PM
introduction adebayo azeez MCSE 0 02-27-2005 03:03 PM
Introduction to Oflow Lin Li C Programming 0 08-24-2003 07:25 PM

Advertisments