Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Thread

Thread

Jean-François GAZET

Hi,

i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
- start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
- write to its STDIN
- read from its STDOUT
But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.

Thanks for your help.

John Harrison

"Jean-François GAZET" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f478fb6$0$2411$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi,
>
> i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
> - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
> - write to its STDIN
> - read from its STDOUT
> But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
>
> Thanks for your help.

No you do not need a thread. Windows is a multitasking operating system
which means that one program does not stop another program from running.

But this has nothing to do with C++, which is the topic of this group. You
should ask on a Windows programming group such as
news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Ask about the CreateProcess Win32
API function, it does what you need.

john

Kevin Goodsell

Jean-François GAZET wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
> - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
> - write to its STDIN
> - read from its STDOUT
> But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I am unable to locate a C++ question here. Perhaps you have the wrong
group? Please re-read the welcome message, paying particular attention
to the section on topicality.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

-Kevin

Jean-François GAZET

> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
> > - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
> > - write to its STDIN
> > - read from its STDOUT
> > But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >

> I am unable to locate a C++ question here.

I'm asking about C++ source code and functions to do what i wrote. But
forget, i asked to news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32