Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Serial Port Code

Serial Port Code

KP

I am trying to send a string over serial RS-232 to another computer and
wanted to use VC++. Is there some sample code/template I could follow ?

It is not very complicated... just somethign that opens the port and writes
into it.... and closes the port.

Thanks
-k

Gianni Mariani

KP wrote:
> I am trying to send a string over serial RS-232 to another computer and
> wanted to use VC++. Is there some sample code/template I could follow ?
>
> It is not very complicated... just somethign that opens the port and writes
> into it.... and closes the port.

This news group deals with "Standard C++". The standard describes
nothing about serial communications.

This is where you can go to get the scoop.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de..._resources.asp