Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant!

perseus

I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
in particular Mr. David White,
is being absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, most of you up here
behave like the owners of the C++ language. A C++ interface
installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE! The language
does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
manipulation.
Those wise people that created it did not take care of it. So, BOOST
is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!
Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
group? Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?
Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
about relevance or irrelevance. Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
messages. YOU do that, not me!

perseus

Victor Bazarov

"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
> in particular Mr. David White,
> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
> messages. YOU do that, not me!

Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
did _you_ learn logic?

Pete

no no no.....that message should have been posted in sci.med.drugs.valium!

(that said... I agree with you)

"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
> in particular Mr. David White,
> is being absolutely ridiculous. Obviously, most of you up here
> behave like the owners of the C++ language. A C++ interface
> installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE! The language
> does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
> manipulation.
> Those wise people that created it did not take care of it. So, BOOST
> is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
> files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!
> Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
> installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
> group? Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?
> Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
> about relevance or irrelevance. Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
> with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
> messages. YOU do that, not me!
>
> perseus

perseus

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
>> in particular Mr. David White,
>> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
>> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
>> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
>> messages. YOU do that, not me!

>Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
>non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
>a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
>how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
>did _you_ learn logic?

Victor,

You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

perseus

Victor Bazarov

"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> [...]
> Victor,
>
> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
will go unanswered.

perseus

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:02:43 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>> [...]
>> Victor,
>>
>> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
>> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
>> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
>> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

>It's just become enough for me. And probably for many others
>in this newsgroup. Don't be surprised when _all_ your posts
>will go unanswered.

Of course, Victor. Why should they be answered by people who do not
know the answer? I hope they are not. I agree.

perseus

Victor Bazarov

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> no hey keep going.....I haven't seen such pointless online bitch fighting
> since I was 15...

I see you haven't much progressed since then...

> just be careful now that no one accidentally posts something on topic in
> this thread.... [...]

Nils Petter Vaskinn

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:01:34 -0400, perseus wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
>>> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
>>> in particular Mr. David White,
>>> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
>>> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
>>> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
>>> messages. YOU do that, not me!

>>Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
>>non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
>>a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
>>how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
>>did _you_ learn logic?

> Victor,
>
> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?

Keep up with that attitude and you're less likely to get help later if you
post a question that is on topic in the group.

You were offered advice ("look somewhere else, because this isn't the
place to get your question answered") and start complaining when it wasn't
the answer you wanted.

And your post was the one that was unnessesary,
because if you had done your homework (reading the faq) before posting you
would have known wou'd get no answer.

If you go into a grocery store to buy a hammer, and they tell you to go to
the hardware store, do you complain?

Atleast it appears that you caps-lock keys has become unstuck.

regards
NPV

Pete

no hey keep going.....I haven't seen such pointless online bitch fighting
since I was 15...

just be careful now that no one accidentally posts something on topic in
this thread....

"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 09:52:33 -0400, "Victor Bazarov"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >"perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote...
> >> I think that everyone who told me that my question is irrelevant,
> >> in particular Mr. David White,
> >> is being absolutely ridiculous. [...]
> >> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
> >> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
> >> messages. YOU do that, not me!

> >Oh, really? So, this your message qualifies as necessary and
> >non-trivial? And if you are not told that your posting about
> >a product installation is irrelevant in a non-product newsgroup,
> >how would you know to stop posting irrelevant messages? Where
> >did _you_ learn logic?

> Victor,
>
> You continue using bandwidth with unnecessary messages.
> Obviously, you do not know the answer to my question.
> So, stop feeling compelled to respond. You just don't know
> the answer. Isn't that enough for you?
>
> perseus

perseus

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:06:19 +0200, Karl Heinz Buchegger
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [...]
>> is being absolutely ridiculous.

>The only one reidiculous is you.
>We already told you, that this group is about Standard C++
>as defined by the ISO/ANSI standards document.
>
>> Obviously, most of you up here
>> behave like the owners of the C++ language.

>No. But we know whats written in the standards document.
>
>> A C++ interface
>> installation IS ABOUT THE C++ LANGUAGE!

>How can an installation be about a language.
>A language is an abstract thing. Defined by some rules.
>A product is an instantiation of those rules, in your case
>the boost libraries. Your problem is with installing those
>libraries, that is: making them usable in your system with your
>particular compiler.
>
>Installing a product can never be a language problem.
>
>> The language
>> does not possess the ability to handle even simple file directory
>> manipulation.
>> Those wise people that created it did not take care of it.

>They did. But they decided to leave it out. They tried to leave
>everything out, what is related to a specific operating system
>and/or hardware. For the very same reason you will not find any
>functions to control eg. a screen, a keyboard, device serial numbers,
>etc. in standard C++.
>
>> So, BOOST
>> is a portable interface that contains a FILESYSTEM for handling
>> files and directories in the C++ LANGUAGE!

>But Boost is just one library. There are hundreds other libraries out
>there which do the same thing. None of them (including boost) is
>part of Standard C++. That's why they are not topical in this group.
>
>> Now, where are you coming from telling me that a question about the
>> installation of such an important interface does not belong to this
>> group?

>Because it doesn't. If you have problems in installing a specific
>prodct, then the people maintaining that product are responsible for
>that.
>
>> Where did you learn logic? In a mental institution?

>Where did YOU learn logic? You intermix the terms 'language', 'product'
>and 'installation' as it pleases you.
>
>> Also, you are wasting a lot of bandwidth with your childish responses
>> about relevance or irrelevance.

>The only one wasting bandwith is you. You already have been told to
>be off-topic. If I remember correctly you have even been told the
>locations of the FAQ to inform yourself of what's on topic and what is not.
>
>> Do you tell CNN to stop bothering you
>> with its commercials every 3 minutes? Sure you do, pseudo-elitists!
>> Either answer the question I posed up here, or MOVE ON TO THE NEXT
>> MESSAGE! You are flooding the newsgroup with trivial and unnecessary
>> messages. YOU do that, not me!

>Please. Stop beeing childish. The boost people maintain a message board
>where they are more then happy to help you sorting out your problems
>with yout installation. You already have been told that. There your

Dear Karl Heinz Buchegger:

Why do you waste bandwidth with your shows of ignorance?
Since you don't know the answer to my question, why don't you
just move on to the next message? Is it absolutely necessary
for you to send me messages that amount to nothing?
In any case, give my best regards to ... the sensible Austrians.

perseus

Boost.Filesystem what would you add? Steven T. Hatton C++ 3 08-03-2005 10:20 PM
boost::filesystem Michael C++ 3 05-02-2005 06:04 PM
boost::filesystem: Aborted Matthias C++ 2 01-29-2005 10:15 AM
How Do We Configure the BOOST Filesystem Library? perseus C++ 18 08-18-2003 02:08 AM
The FREE BOOST FileSystem Library for STANDRAD C++. perseus C++ 7 08-12-2003 10:24 PM

Advertisments