Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How Do We Configure the BOOST Filesystem Library?

How Do We Configure the BOOST Filesystem Library?

perseus

It is really crazy! I need to use the Boost filesystem
for the manipulation of directories, and I have no idea how to
install this filesystem on my IBM-compatible machine.
Does anyone up here know how to do this?
Thanks a million in advance!

perseus

David White

perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is really crazy! I need to use the Boost filesystem
> for the manipulation of directories, and I have no idea how to
> install this filesystem on my IBM-compatible machine.
> Does anyone up here know how to do this?
> Thanks a million in advance!

So, what is your C++ question?

DW

David White

perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:18:45 +1000, "David White" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> It is really crazy! I need to use the Boost filesystem
> >> for the manipulation of directories, and I have no idea how to
> >> install this filesystem on my IBM-compatible machine.
> >> Does anyone up here know how to do this?
> >> Thanks a million in advance!

> >So, what is your C++ question?
> >
> >DW
> >

> So why do you feel compelled to interfere and be rude?

This newsgroup is called comp.lang.c++. 'lang' stands for 'language', so one
can reason, even without reading the FAQ, that the subject of this newsgroup
is the C++ language.

What is your C++ question?

DW

perseus

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:52:33 +1000, "David White" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:18:45 +1000, "David White" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> >
>> >So, what is your C++ question?
>> >
>> >DW
>> >

>> So why do you feel compelled to interfere and be rude?

>This newsgroup is called comp.lang.c++. 'lang' stands for 'language', so one
>can reason, even without reading the FAQ, that the subject of this newsgroup
>is the C++ language.
>
>What is your C++ question?
>
>DW

Thank you for another stupid and idiotic remark.
I am contacting the C++ people. They are up here.
They are the C++ COMPUTER LANGUAGE PEOPLE.
Where exactly are YOU going to find the ones I need? In the
BOOST CONFIGURING newsgroup?
Stop annoying me, and move on to the next message.

David White

Ivan Vecerina <ivecATmyrealboxDOTcom> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "perseus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:18:45 +1000,
> I agree that David (and many others) are, IMHO,
> unnecessary rude to posters of Q that are not strictly
> within the scope of the standard C++ language.

Rude? Someone comes in here, at comp.lang.c++, and posts a question that has
_nothing_ to do with C++, or, if it does, the OP did not explain how (I have
never heard of boost, and why should I have?). Even if it is C++ related, it
is not _standard_ C++, to which this newsgroup confines itself. The OP must
have known the question was off-topic. That is what I call rude. In any
case, I am not sure where I was rude. I asked what the OP's C++ question is,
since that is the subject of the newsgroup. Is that rude?

DW

Alf P. Steinbach

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:08:24 +1000, "David White" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have >never heard of boost, and why should I have?

Because most of it is likely to be incorporated into C++0x.

Jacek Dziedzic

[5.9] Which newsgroup should I post my questions?

Only post to comp.lang.c++ if your question is about the C++
language itself. For example, C++ code design, syntax, style, rules,
bugs, etc. Ultimately this means your question must be answerable
by looking into the C++ language definition as determined by the
ISO/ANSI C++ Standard document, and by planned extensions and
adjustments. Operating-specific questions (e.g., about Windows
NT / 95 / 3.x, UNIX, etc.) should go to an operating-system-specific
newsgroup (see below), not to comp.lang.c++.

David White

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wrote:

> >I have >never heard of boost, and why should I have?

> Because most of it is likely to be incorporated into C++0x.

Okay, what is C++0x, and what is boost?

DW

Socketd

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:23:03 -0400
perseus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> So why do you feel compelled to interfere and be rude?

He is not being rude. Your question is OT, so please ask in a boost
newsgroup/maillings list/forum.

br
socketd

E. Robert Tisdale

Something that calls itself perseus wrote:

> David White wrote:
>
>>So, what is your C++ question?

> So why do you feel compelled to interfere and be rude?

I agree with perseus.
David White apparently had nothing to contribute to the thread
and should have remained silent.

David,

Please don't respond to off-topic questions. Just ignore them.
If you can't ignore them, place the thread in your killfile.
If you don't know how to do this, please tell us which newsreader
you are using and someone should be able to help you do this.
If you feel that you *must* reply to off-topic questions,
please try to be polite and helpful.
Redirect the question to a more appropriate forum
where the original poster is more likely to get reliable answers.

Don't scold or admonish the original poster.
It doesn't do any good and can only be interpreted
as an attempt on your part to vent personal frustration and anger.
Such behavior will *not* make you more popular among subscribers
to the comp.lang.c++ newsgroup.

boost::filesystem Michael C++ 3 05-02-2005 06:04 PM
boost::filesystem: Aborted Matthias C++ 2 01-29-2005 10:15 AM
What a Funny Goup! I Asked a Question About Boost (C++ Filesystem Interface) & All I Got Is: My Question Is Irrelevant! perseus C++ 65 08-19-2003 01:54 AM
The FREE BOOST FileSystem Library for STANDRAD C++. perseus C++ 7 08-12-2003 10:24 PM

Advertisments