Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > [x-posted] MS Press Courseware for 70-293... Any MCSE 2000s going the long way to MCSE 2003 ?

[x-posted] MS Press Courseware for 70-293... Any MCSE 2000s going the long way to MCSE 2003 ?

Marlin Munrow (The PFY)

I've just studied the first three chapters about 200 pages out of 1000
of:
"MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-293): Planning and Maintaining
a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure / Craig Zacker
with Microsoft Corporation. ISBN 0-7356-1893-3"

The level of detail here is similar to the depth that was on good ole
70-058 7 or 8 years ago only up to date with newer technologies but
the same level of detail. Anyone else think that too ?

I hear from other exam takers and read at mcpmag.com that you need to
read the deployment guide too in order to make sure that you're good
and ready for the exam. What I just read in the MSPress 293 book and
"Deploying Network Services" could have been written by the same
person. (maybe it *was*)

[Question:]
Does anyone else know which areas of the deployment guide to focus on?

I'm getting the feeling that not many MCSE2000's are taking the "hard
route" to their 2003 certs but its important to me that I know *all*
this stuff rather than just the delta so I'm in the lab for the next
couple of months til I'm ready to go sit the exams (

[Question:]
I see on the CDs and references in the materials to some PDFs that
they just happen to have added to the CD (cant be to just fill space).

...\Encyclopedia
and
...\Sample_Chapters

The contents seem to contain more detail than the MSPress book. Has
anyone been here and done this and know just how much of the "extra
credit" material you *really* need to read and digest ?

[Question About Transcender... <cue flame war>]
I'm wondering how the 293 / 294 trannies compare in difficulty to the
exam or even if they're out yet given that Selftest just bought
them...?

Anyone have any views ?
We require rigidly defined areas
of doubt and uncertainty!